Friday, March 20, 2015

Strange encounter

In appreciation for everyone's contribution to the team's success, my boss gave everyone a $50 gift card to a local spa/salon.  Yesterday I decided to use mine and get a pedicure.

I've never had a pedicure before, but my toe nails were due for a trim and I decided why not have someone else trim them, and get a nice foot massage afterward?  

It was fine, but I probably won't pay my own money for future pedicures as I didn't find the treatment to be particularly enjoyable.  My feet are very ticklish, and I'd much rather have a massage.

After putting my socks and shoes back on, I was walking past some other customers when this unaturually redheaded customer looked at me and said "You look very familiar."  She did not look at all familiar to me.  

"Do you own a business around here?" she asked.

"No, but I live and work here" I offered.  Since this is a touristy area there are lots of visitors here.  I could see the wheels turning inside her head.

"What do you do?" she asked.

"I'm a real estate agent." I answered.

"Hmmm... so I am" she volunteered.

"Maybe I look familiar to you because you've seen my group's photo on a billboard, or on a shopping cart, or at the movie theatre." I suggested.  She didn't acknowledge this possibility at all, but abruptly changed the subject.

"I have to tell you, you're really... beautiful... you know, just your whole... being... the way you are.  And I mean this sincerely, with all due respect of course." she confessed.

Huh???  I mean, how is one supposed to react to such a statement from a stranger???

"Oh, uh, thank you very much!" I said.

"You're very welcome" she said.  "It was very nice to meet you."

"And you as well" I said, as I turned to leave.

I don't know if she was drunk, or high, or maybe an angel from heaven.  But it certainly was a strange encounter.

6 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Take it while you can get you handsome thing!!!! You would have to go more often to get over your ticklish feet. My ticklish everywhere, but once you go more often and perhaps read a magazine you won't even notice. I go to a spa here once a season for a day and get pampered...deep cleaning mud body wrap, body scrub, facial, massage, mani and a pedi.....its HEAVENLY!

Biki Honko said...

Wow, what an interesting meeting. Maybe she could see into your soul and see that yes you are a wonderful human being. As handsome on the inside as your outside!

I'm weird in the fact that I don't like strangers touching me, so massages are out. Hmm, not sure about how I would feel about my feet being touched tho....

Bob said...

First off, i'm with you on the pedicure. i cannot have people touching my feet lest they send me into spasms of giggles.
Secondly, the Wacky Redhead. Wow. I mean it's kind of a nice thing to say, but to a stranger?
I'd have been flummoxed too, over what to say, and would have, in fact, probably, muttered something like, "Wow, is your hair red!"

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I would handle an encounter like that. I think you handled it well. At least she was giving you a compliment. As they say, "it takes all kinds".

Best,
Calvin

Ur-spo said...

What a lovely story and experience. thank you for sharing it.

Behrmark said...

I've never had a pedicure either. I hate my feet and don't like them touched. As for your "encounter," as I was reading I was certain the story would end at the Blue Moon LEGENDS show. I'm surprised you didn't mention it to her.