Monday, February 02, 2015

Movie night

Several weeks ago I began seeing trailers on tv for the upcoming movie "Project Almanac".  Since I've always had a thing for time travel movies I told Spouse he had to take me to see this film when it came out.

I was hoping we could do a 'date night' where we'd go to dinner just the 2 of us (we usually eat out with friends) and then go to the movie, kind of like how a new couple goes on a date.  But for whatever reason, it didn't feel like that at all.

We went to dinner at 6:30 because we were both hungry (both on diets) so we were done by 7:45.  The movie didn't start until 9:15 and I'd already purchased the tickets online.  So after dinner, we just ended up going back home, brushing our teeth, and watching a little tv until it was time to go to the theater.

I enjoyed the movie a lot.  Its about 3 high school seniors who are science-geniuses who 'discover' that they had already created a time travel device.  Realizing they had already done this, they go about figuring out how to create it, and begin testing it on inanimate objects with success before sending themselves back in time.  They are joined by 1 of the guy's sister and a girl on whom he has a crush.  As is always the case with time travel, their very re-appearance in the past creates changes in the present which the 5 friends are not prepared for.

Blogger won't allow me to upload any videos today, so to watch the trailer CLICK HERE.

My only beef with the movie is that it was filmed using a handheld camera to make it seem like the sister had filmed the entire movie.  Since I am prone to motion sickness, movies filmed with a handheld camera tend to make me nauseous, so I had to look away (at the sconce on the wall) from time to time to keep from really getting sick.

Afterward, it was a little after 11pm so we just went home, let the dogs out for their last pee of the night, and then went to bed.  It didn't feel like a 'date night' at all, so I titled this post 'movie night' rather than 'date night'.  Maybe next time.

No comments: