Friday, February 06, 2015

Church

The 1st time I heard this song it was performed on "The Sing Off" as a judge's choice.  Its not as 'melodic' as lots of other songs in my opinion that have a 'catchy' hook or chorus, so it really didn't stick in my mind.

However, I recently saw the video for this song and I must say its message is powerful.
 
It reminds me of what has been going on in Russia.  The HBO documentary "Hunted: The War Against Gays in Russia" exposed the horrible way gays and lesbians are treated, both by private citizens and by the police and government. 

While the lyrics don't suggest the song is about a gay couple, the video is quite clear.

Watch the video and see if you're not moved.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I love this song!
Hozier says he wrote it about the hypocrisy of the church regarding women and The Gays.
Again, love it!

Biki Honko said...

Wow, this is one extremely powerful song! The images were to strong for me, and I had to stop looking, but not stop listening. Thank you for posting this song/video.