Friday, September 05, 2014

Splash

I've written many times about how I sing in the LEGENDS show, sing karaoke, and see national talent like Coco Peru, Miss Richfield 1981, Kimberley Locke, and others at the Blue Moon.  Over the last 4+ years I have become friends with the owners and have enjoyed their generosity on several occasions.

The latest occasion for enjoying their generosity was yesterday.  It was the Blue Moon employee appreciation day at Jungle Jims, our local waterpark.  While the entertainers like me are not technically employees, we were all invited.  The Blue Moon owners rented out the water park for the day and had food and beverages brought in for us.  It was very, very nice!

Despite my living here for over 7 years and having visited here for more than 20 years, I'd never been to Jungle Jims before.  I guess I'd assumed that water parks were for kids.  Well I was wrong.  It was a lot of fun to zip down the multiple water slides and drift down the lazy river in a tube.

It is a pleasure to work with people who appreciate those who work for/with them!  If you are ever in the Rehoboth Beach area, be sure to patronize the Blue Moon restaurant and bar.

No comments: