Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Underwear shopping

As long as I can remember I have only worn white briefs.  I have dabbled once or twice into the colorful bikinis, boxers, and boxer-briefs, have always come back to plain white briefs (PWB).  While I know they aren't stylish like Andrew Christian, NastyPig, or the like, I enjoy the simplicity and stark white cleanliness of PWB.  I'm not dating or hooking up so I don't need to impress anyone with my stylish underwear.  Besides, are 50-year olds even allowed to wear Andrew Christian or Nasty Pig??

Recently I determined I was in need of some new underwear, and since I had a $20 rewards certificate for Marshalls/TJ Maxx/HomeGoods, I decided I would get my new underwear at Marshalls.  While I found a multitude of white undershirts, v-necks, and tanks, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me that there were no PWB.  Oh sure, there were the individual Calvin Klein white briefs, 1 per box for $12 each.  But I was looking for a 4-pack or 5-pack for no more than $20.

It just wasn't going to happen, at least not that day, and not in that Marshalls.  So I contemplated coming back another day in hopes the inventory would be different, or breaking out of my PWB routine.  I decided there was no real 'reason' I needed to stick with PWB since they were getting so hard to find, and ended up with a 5-pack of Reebok cotton briefs for $9.99.  Make that two 5-packs, since I had $20 to spend.
So now I have 10 new pairs of comfortable, cotton briefs in an array of colors.  Not that anyone sees them but me and occasionally Spouse.

4 comments:

Joe c said...

Ever try boxer briefs? I switched to them from briefs (I hate boxers) and they are sooooo comfortable.

anne marie in philly said...

so WHY don't you model a pair for us? WE won't tell!

Anonymous said...

I love boxer briefs also just like Joe if not I would rather go commando. LOL

Travel said...

The routine things in life, need not be boring, congratulations on breaking the PWB habit