Monday, April 14, 2014

Backsplash: Complete!

As promised, here are the before and after photos of the completed backsplash.
Before:  left side of kitchen
After:  left side of kitchen
As you can see, Spouse was so motivated by the new backsplash to make dinner that I didn't get a chance to take a photo before he cluttered up the counter and stove with food.
Before: right side of kitchen
After: right side of kitchen
The tile is a combination of glass and marble, in various colors and widths.  Here's a close-up of the tile with the cabinetry and granite:

We're really happy with how it turned out!  Spouse said he thought it made the area "open up".  I think it makes the kitchen look 'finished' compared to how it looked before the backsplash.

What do you think?


Breenlantern said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it in person :-)

anne marie in philly said...

now I envy your kitchen even MORE than I already do! FABULOUS!

Ron said...


Oh I am envious! We had a granite counter top exactly like that put in when we sold our house in Pennsylvania. I wish we had it now instead of the black one we have. Your kitchen look great!

Bob Slatten said...

I love that!
It makes a huge difference.

cb said...

It really completes the kitchen nicely!